I’ll be turning 30 in four years. And I just wanted to think about all the things I wanted to do before I turn 30. That’s it, pancit. (This is also me avoiding so much blog backlog, I can’t even.)
It has been four years since I graduated from university, wow. I’m on my second job right now, in a sector I want to stay in for the rest of my life, also considering graduate school, investing, and just generally getting better at being an adult – which means fully committing to #StopBuyingShit2k16 and eventually #StopBuyingShitPeriod.
I’m used to the sound of deadlines swooshing by, so I probably won’t accomplish every goal on this list by the time I turn 30, but it’s always good to have some semblance of a plan, right? Right.
So, here’s an outline of things I’ve always wanted to do and things I just thought of right now before I turn 30, in no particular order.
- Travel alone.
- Eat the best of something in the world once (even though I’ll poop it out eventually).
- Write a book (or a lot of little bits that can be smushed together to form a book).
- Get published.
- Go vegetarian for a month.
- Learn a new language – or a dialect!
- Start a social enterprise.
- Read the entire Bible (I’m not religious, but I think this is important).
- Grow tomatoes.
- Organize a Christmas food kitchen.
- Then do something more sustainable and long-term.
- Tutor public school kids in my community.
- Grant the wishes of lolos and lolas in a nursing home.
- Take my parents on an all-expenses-paid trip.
- Climb a mountain.
- Build or rehabilitate a public school library in a remote area.
- Document 365 consecutive days of my life in photos (a visual journal).
- Master my DSLR (I stopped at trying to understand aperture and winged it from there).
- Get better at Illustrator.
- And After Effects.
- And Final Cut.
- Learn how to code!
- Watch one film a day for an entire year (I’ve attempted this several times already).
- Spend a day at an elephant conservation center.
- Donate blood.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get a Master’s degree.
- Machu Picchu!
- Take a few muay thai or Krav Maga classes.
- Make a full-length film using my phone camera.
The ones that didn’t make the cut:
- Find a foundation shade that matches my skin tone.
- Shave my head.
- Have a very, very specific Starbucks order.
- Make my own cheese.
- And butter.
- Audition for Pinoy Big Brother.
- Run for public office.
- Become an Uber driver on the side.
- Become a Munchkin cat.
What are your 30 before 30 goals?